July 22, 2005

Hearts and Thoughts, they Fade...

I love Pearl Jam. Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town was playing just as I type the heading, and it made me think about people I once knew and thought I'd know forever, or people who have unexpectedly popped up out of nowhere after a long time.

I had three very good friends at my primary school, two girls and a guy. The two girls were the only other people in our year (it was a small school...), and the other guy was a year younger, so we managed to get as close as you can be when you're that young. When I left, I didn't think much of it... It's just like you think you'd see them again. Well, the guy went off to a private school. I met him once in the town library, and I think we talked for nearly a minute before running out of things to say. That was a few years ago. As for the girls, I haven't seen them since - If I met them now, I'd probably be stuck for something to talk about. I think I've changed alot, as have they (last I heard one of the girls was getting into trouble with the law; she was always the nicer one at primary school).

But even once we've grown up, we still don't keep in touch with people. You think you'll ring them occasionally, send them an email or a text. But... it's just not worth it, unless you're going to visit them in person regularly. Even when Meghan came down after about 6 weeks, she seemed different... more mature, and I didn't have much to talk about. That's why I need to buy a phone soon, before the end of the year - So that I can keep in touch. I know I won't, but it'll comfort me to know that that old friends are only a few buttons away.

Putting aside the sentimentality, today I downloaded the Steamboy AC trailer, as well as the DoC trailer. Wow, those are cool. AC will also be shown in full at this year's Venice Film Festival - I hope it gets some public recognition :).

4 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Man I luv too much said...

Damn you getin me all depressed especially after i'd just drawn a killer wicked-cool TROGDOR in MS Paint. I should get a phone too. Make sure u get Vodafone so that there's a chance that on some off weekend 2-4 years from now I may wonder I just yelled "momo taro san momo taro san give me back my blencky" and then cause txting's free on weekends I'll wait all week and then probably forget what I'm talking about right now ish... Only 13 weeks till I quite possibly never see some people again. I hope it rains on thursday cause i'm gonna wear my plastic flip-flops for thong thursday and it would be wicked as coolio choice sweet to play chairball in the hollow when it's flooded. Oh so cool mutters strongbad with an awestruck intonation

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Ricky the bear said...

...might wonder WHY i just yelled...

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I heard that you have an esteemed internet comic. Where would one access this world renound drawfest.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Al said...

Remember to breathe, Rox. Fullstops help ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home