December 31, 2004

Goodbye 2004!

It's actually been quite a shocking year for me in some areas- Highlights:
-I began a slow decline in my level of schoolowork.
-It was my first year with Mr Perkins in ICT.
-A close friend became a more distant friend, and a distant friend became a closer friend.
-I recognised the fact that I actually am good at English.
-In May the blog started, and my second post was about me being tired. So was my fifth, and so on and so on.
-There are a total of 53 posts in this blog. 29 of the titles are related to the content, 19 have titles completely unrelated to the post, and 5 of them have song lyrics/names as titles.
-October and November were decidedly bad months for me. Just read them, they're horrible.
-Fiddler on the Roof happened this year, in which I performed badly, but the entire tproduction was brilliant.
-I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time this year, along with Battle Royale, Donnie Darko, and a few other movies.
-I became horribly bored at school.
-Helen Clarke drove a very large distance very quickly.
-The school ball happened, and it was quite borng. But the only reason for that was the music and the lack of... things.
-The NaNoWriMo came and went with me writing an astounding 500 or so words. I'll try harder next year, I promise.
-I survived verbal (verbal?) assaults from the comment box, but then they disappeared. Yay.
-I tossed around with career choices, but ended up settling on exactly what I'd had before.

Anyway. Now for the actual new stuff.
I discovered a great (maybe) way to make money. The material to make poi only costs about $6 - And yet, they sell for over $20. They are ridiculously easy to make.
Realising this, I bought the materials I needed to make a prototype poi (I actually got about $35 of stuff, but the webbing for the hand loops was odd so I only got 1 metre of it), and if they work, I'll sell them. I can also try to make devil sticks (measured lengths of dowel with rubber coating and insulation tape), and juggling balls (grain?) and sell them, too.
With some other moeny, I finally bought the Muse CD that I've been waiting Oh-so long for, and am listening to it now. Heaven.

Return of the King still hasn't lost it's shine, even after almost a year of relection of what happens in it. I cried more than I've ever cried before in the space of four hours, I think (Well, consciously, anyway) and... Wow. I want to see it again, but I don't want to spoil the magic. I had previously tried to watch it in the middle of the day, but it didn't have the same effect. Next week, after the house settles down again (This week we've got 3 guests staying - John (An American farmstay person), his mother, and Heather), I think I'll have a marathon of the trilogy with friends overnight. Perhaps on the evening of the seventh, it depends.

Today is New Year's Eve, and I'm at home again. I don't think I've gone out for New Year's for about 3 years now (What a wonderful social life I lead!), and I've been quite happy about that fact. In fact, it doesn't feel like it should be the new year at all - It didn't feel like Christmas, it didn't feel like Summer, Or holdiays, and it probably won't feel like my borthday in... Five day's time?

Jeez, five days time!? Wow. It really doesn't feel like I'll be 17 soon. I've come to grips with the fact that we'll be 7th Form and seniors, which'll be loads of fun, but... Damn. Time is flying by. There's three hours and 10 minutes left of the year as of this point, and I don't think I'll post before then, so Goodbye, 2004, and Hello, 2005! I hope everyone has a Happy New Year, no matter where they may be.

Just for fun, here's a high point to end the year for this blog; when I was shopping today, I bought some Strawberry Gummy lollies imported from Japan, and they had this on the front:
"Strawberry Gummy
Kasugai's strawberry gummy, made from fresh strawberry
juice, is a very delicious gummy.
Please have a fun time with this strawberry gummy."


Man, I love Engrish. ^__^

Oh, and remember to give money to the tsunami victims, if possible. If you're poor, then just send your hope in a small envelope ;).

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home