October 14, 2004

Paranoia and Release

Paranoia
That event with the review and the plagerism and the accusations came back full circle this week, in the form of one of my own wild thought patterns.
On Monday, He (English teacher) told us quite plainly that he had discovered (via the wonders of the internet) that people had cheated in the reviews, and that they had all received big fat Not Achieved's. This made me anxious - he had accused me of cheating before this, and I had been honest and told him it was mine. Then he kept looking at me during the entire plagiarism turn-yourself-in-soon-or-i'll-smash-you speech, as if he'd 'found me out'. My thoughts immediately turned to my blog - The review is written here, and could be found with Google.
So, as soon as I got home, I went onto Statcounter and checked. Sure enough, there was an entry directly on the review, with a not-seen-before IP address from New Zealand. I got worried. unfortunately, there was no referring link, but I was sure it was him. He'd found that post and thought I'd copied it from the internet.
For the next 2 days, I thought of confronting him, asking him if he'd searched for my review. I felt hurt, that he couldn't respect me, thought I was dishonest, and didn't think I was intelligent. Aargh.
Of course, on Wednesday, we got back our papers. Excellence of Not Achieved? As it turns out, I must be incredibly paranoid inside my tiny little head. I got an Excellence. He trusted me. He still asked me if it was mine, but he did that to everyone... But bloody hell, it was a relief.

Release
In the past week, I've completed 3 Assessments, two of which have been bugging me for a long time.
I said awhile ago (I think) that I'd created a diary. Well, last night I finished the Miner's Guide (The other half of the assessment), and handed it in; Two terms after it was due. *sigh* It's so good to get it out of the way. And I'm not going to do the Amritsar Massacre BBC broadcast thing, because I don't have the time or the software to do it at home. Well, properly at least.
The Restoration Performance was today, and it went.. okay. I don't actually know what to say about it... People said it was good, but I thought I was craptastic. Meghan noticeably forgot a line (Bless her ^_^), and I needed a drink badly, and I shuffled around a bit like I usually do, and my capital I's won't capitalise o_O, but Mrs Grubb came and said I got an Excellence, depending on my written work. I told her I didn't think so, and she said something about my Malvolio (Yay Malvolio) being a higher excellence than my Faulkland (Yay Faulkland)... And I said Mm.
And then in ICT I finished the schematics one, which wasn't wuite so big, but now we're onto webdesign and it's ridiculously easy.

Oh, and I just finished Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and immediately started a new game. It's so much fun, I wish there was more of it... I can't wait for Warrior Within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home